Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Girls Trip Dip

Girl's Trip Dip
15 oz. can black eyed peas
11 oz can white shoe peg corn (you can get this at Safeway)
chopped avocados
chopped, seeded tomato
2/3 c chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 c. chopped green onion
Dressing
1/4 c olive oil (I filled the 1/4 c with about 1/2 regular olive oil and 1/2 garlic olive oil)
1/4 c wine vinegar
1t cumin
3/4 t salt
After chopping and mixing everything, and just a little while before serving pour on the dressing. Just add it according to how you like it. I use about 1/2 to 3/4 of the dressing.
For the avocados and tomatos, just use as much or as little as you like. I'm not crazy about avocado so I use 1-2 but mom loves avocado so she uses 4. I love tomatos so I usually put 2 huge ones or 3-4 little ones but mom doesn't really like tomatos so she only uses 1 or 2.

Serve with tortilla chips.

1 comment:

ChrisS said...

The recipe actually calls for 3 chopped avocados an 1/2 c seeded tomato. . . but that is a matter of personal preference. Kristin does only 1 avocado and a LOT of tomatoes. I follow the recipe. It's worth it to spend extra for really tasty tomatoes.