Saturday, April 28, 2012

Zucchini and Rice skillet

This is a very adaptable recipe. I made it the correct way the first time and it was ok, but I could tell there was potential so I made some changes. 

Olive Oil
Chicken (I used 5 chicken tenders)
1 Zucchini diced
diced onion, maybe 1/2 cup
diced green and red pepper (I think I did 1/3 pepper each)
1/2 of a 15 oz can diced tomatoes and juice
1 can black beans, drained
frozen corn
cooked rice (I used the frozen kind you microwave for 3 min, whole bag)
cheese (I used a mexi blend)
seasoning (the only thing I used was borsari original)

Cook the chicken in the oil, cut it into small pieces. While cutting the chicken, I put the zucchini, peppers, and onions in the pan to saute. Add back in chicken when veggies are almost done. Add in tomatoes, black beans and corn. When veggies are done, add in the rice, mix it all up, turn off the heat and sprinkle some cheese. I add seasoning to the chicken, then to the veggies, then again right before the cheese.

Idea originally from here

No comments: