Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Liz's Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes and frosting

My friend used to own a bakery, this is her cupcake recipe. They are Awesome.

3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp (12 TBS)
1 1/2 cups raw sugar
4 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream

Optional- I like to throw in some chocolate chips (what can I say, I'm a Saunders)

Preheat oven to 350.
Cream together butter and sugar, about 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until incorporated. Beat in vanilla.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture, sour cream, and milk alternately to the sugar/butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Scrape the sides and make sure it is mixed thoroughly. Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake on the center rack until the tops spring back when you touch them, about 20 min. transfer to wire rack to cool completely.



Frosting

1 1/2 sticks butter, room temp
6 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 package cream cheese, room temp

Cream together ingredients until nice and fluffy. Add milk if needed.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Would it totally ruin it if I used that white whole wheat flour???

Brie said...

No, I think it would probably be fine. Let me know how it is!