Sunday, May 11, 2014

Almond Meal pancakes

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup almond meal
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup water (for puffier pancakes, you can use sparkling water)
  • 2 T oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 T sweetener (we used stevia)

Preparation:

Mix ingredients together and cook as you would other pancakes. I like to use a nonstick pan with a little oil. The only real difference is that they won't "bubble" on top the same way as regular pancakes. Flip them when the underside is brown. 
*Claire loved these! Picky kids might not, but they are really good. Texture wise, they don't hold together like regular pancakes, but still good. 

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/breakfast1/r/lowcarbpancakes.htm

3 comments:

Kelli Nicole said...

That looks awesome and I have almond meal!

ChrisS said...

Very interesting. Do you think I can just make almond meal in my blendtec?

Kelli Nicole said...

Mom, don't try it!! The last (and first) time I put nuts (hazlenuts) in my blendtec it started smoking and I had to get a new jar since it completely ruined it (under warranty still, though). Just buy almond meal.