Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Shrimp Tacos and Mango Salsa

  • 1 lb shrimp
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • Salt/Pepper or lemon pepper to taste
  • Tortillas
  • Mango Salsa
  • Cheddar cheese (if you want, I didn't use it)

    If using frozen shrimp, thaw it and and cut each piece in half (depending on size). Melt butter and stir in honey and seasoning. Heat honey butter in a pan until bubbly and then add shrimp to pan, stirring until shrimp is cooked through (won't take long).

    Mango Salsa

    2 Mangoes, chopped
    1/2 Cup red onion, diced
    2 Tablespoons Cilantro
    1 teaspoon brown sugar
    1/2 lime's juice (about 1/8th cup)
    1/8 teaspoon chili powder (I didn't have this so I added paprika, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne to taste) 
I also served them with mango rice and black beans.

For the rice, I used about 1 1/2 cups brown rice, 1 can coconut milk, 1 diced mango, 1+ cup water, and some sugar. 


    No comments: