Sunday, November 4, 2012

The REAL Girls Trip Dip


I found the original recipe for Girls Trip Dip, and it has more of the actual quantities, so I thought I'd post it. I NEED this for when I shop and actually make it.

15 oz. can black eyed peas
11 oz can white shoe peg corn (shoe peg corn is hard to find, but worth it.)
2-3 chopped avocados (Kristin likes 1-2)
1/2 - 1 c. chopped, seeded tomato (that's about 2 of the on-the-vine small-ish tomatoes) (Kristin likes 2 huge tomatoes or 3-4 small tomatoes)
2/3 c. chopped fresh cilantro
2/3 c. chopped green onion

Dressing
1/4 c olive oil
1/4 c wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic (I use 1/8 cup regular olive oil and 1/8 cup garlic olive oil)
1t cumin
3/4 t salt
After chopping and mixing everything, and just a little while before serving pour on the dressing. Just add it according to how you like it. (Kristin uses about 1/2 to 3/4 of the dressing. I use it all)

No comments: