Thursday, December 29, 2011

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

This is easy, fairly fast, and delicious.

1 pack cooked chicken strips from Costco (in the refrigerator section...comes in a double pack)
2 small onions
5-6 celery stalks
4 large carrots
3/4 cup wild/brown rice mix (I use Trader Joe's--and I'm just guessing at how much rice I add)
6T (3/8 cup) Better Than Bouillon (chicken flavored--get at Costco)
4 quarts water
Salt to taste (I do salt it near the end, but I taste it as I salt it to determine how much to add)

Chop onions, and saute in olive oil in soup pot. Add chopped carrots and celery. Saute for 5 min or so. Add rice and continue to saute. Chop chicken into bite sized piece. Add to pot. Add water and bouillon. Bring to boil then turn down heat to simmer for about an hour. Add salt to taste at the end.

No comments: