Saturday, December 17, 2011

Warm Cranberry-Walnut Brie

The Organic Kitchen

This delightful little appetizer is perfect for the holidays!


1 8 oz round Brie cheese
2 TB dried cranberries
1 tsp Herbes de Provence (available here at the Organic Kitchen)
1 tsp chopped walnuts, toasted
crackers
2 T Fresh Pomegranate seeds (optional)

Preheat oven to 350
Using a serrated knife, remove topmost rind from cheese; discard rind.
Place cheese cut side up, in a small ovenproof baking dish. Sprinkle with
cranberries and herbes de Provence.
Top evenly with nuts. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese is soft
and warm. Sprinkle with fresh pom seeds (optional) Serve immediately
with crackers.

3 comments:

ChrisS said...

You can use Thyme instead of the Organic Kitchen herbs.

ChrisS said...

I tried this with the Organic Kitchen's herbs. It was WONDERFUL. The pomegranate seeds were just the right touch of sweet. The one thing I wasn't crazy about was the rind. I would try to find a brie that had a better tasting rind. I used the 8 oz round from Costco.

Brie said...

I couldn't find brie, so I bought camembert but it tastes the same. SO good, everyone loved it